Martyr Mom Mentality
1. We Lack the Ability to Take Ownership – We are the reason our kids eat the way they do.
2. We Never Say No: start saying no to things you don’t want to do, because when you do, you say yes to yourself, your family and your sanity!!
3. We Become a Woe is Me Mom: We say to everyone and everything and then blame everything on everyone else.
“We need to get honest with ourselves so we can actually take real action that counts.”
Plan, Prep + Protect
- Step 1: If you want buy in from you’re family, you have to involve them in the planning.
- Schedule time to think and plan your food.
- Friday – 30 minutes of food planning time. Brainstorm ideas with your family. What do you want to eat this week for dinner?
- Whatever is served for dinner our family rule is you have gratitude for what is served.
- Saturday – Put the grocery list together and order groceries online
- Prep food as a family. It’s some of the best time’s you’ll have together.
- There is a time to eat for taste and a time to eat for fuel.
- There is a difference between a craving and actually hungry.
- Online grocery shopping saves you time, money, calories and sanity!!
- When you’re in the store with your kids, you end up grabbing what used to work and not what you want to work.